This home in Piedmont, CA had an existing framed Chimney had to be replaced. Upon our inspection, mold was noticed inside the chimney and the vent pipe was not installed correctly. We removed framing part of chimney and discovered rot damage which from incorrect waterproofing. The wooden plate was not anchored correctly and the vent pipe was not sealed which creates a fire hazard. To correct this situation a reinforced concrete bond beam was installed. The new framed chimney was rebuilt to be shorter. Proper waterproofing is essential, and a paper barrier and new flashing was installed. Finishing touches of new wood siding installed and back metal braces were installed, leaving the owner with a functional chimney they could trust. Meanwhile, we rebuilt the fireplace inside for a modern and beautiful look and installed a new gas insert to heat the home efficiently.